Leather Cleaning Services
Wally’s Carpet Cleaning use a thorough gentle Leather cleaning process followed by the applications of specially formulated conditioners.
We clean without stripping natural oils or inhibiting the leather’s ability to breathe.
We nourishe and lubricate the leather from the inside by replacing the natural lubricating oils leather needs to stay supple and strong, but which are gradually lost with time. If leather is not regularly conditioned and new oils introduced to replace those that are lost, the leather will eventually dry out. The damage this causes goes on out of sight beneath the surface until one day cracks appear.
Leather needs annual nourishment cleaning and protecting so as to avoid cracking, dirt impregnation, and colour fade or loss, resulting in costly replacement.
Regular scheduled cleaning of your leather furnishings will maintain them in prime condition and extend their useful life. Over time body oils, perspiration, skin acids and soiling will work into the leather if it is not cleaned regularly and correctly.
For urgent advice regarding your Leather call Wally’s Carpet Cleaning on 1300 134 104
The Do’s & Don’ts of Leather Care:
- Never clean with soaps or detergents. These can cause leather surface breakdown.
- Never use oils or silicones. Oils may darken leather and soften the finish – causing it to peel or wear off. Silicones cause leather to become shiny and slippery, attracting dust more readily.
- Never use water on grease or oil spills.
- Avoid direct sunlight. Finishes can fade and degrade when exposed to ultraviolet rays.
- Avoid extreme temperatures. Never place leather furniture near heat or air conditioning vents.
- Remove spills immediately. Use absorbent paper towels or a cloth to remove liquid spills. For grease or oil, use talcum powder or cornstarch to absorb the spill.