Water & Flood Damage Services 24hrs / 7 Days
When water damages your property, call us first on 1300 134 104 and our professionals will help restore your life and property to pre-disaster condition. Immediate response to flooding saves time and money. The longer any type of water damage goes untreated the greater the damage. We provide fast professional work, with as minimal a disturbance to your daily routine as possible.
If you are experiencing a flood damage, then call us immediately for urgent attention on 1300 134 104. We service all Sydney Areas.
Fully Equipped For Your Emergency
Our PROFESSIONAL equipment can pump water out of buildings, offices or homes. Our drying equipment can quickly dry out walls, floors, furniture, carpets, and ceilings. We also have premium quality deodorisers and disinfectants that take care of the bacteria, fungi, and mould that thrive in water damaged areas.
Water damage restoration is not as simple as just sucking up the water and cleaning the carpet and letting the area dry naturally. Qualified inspection for damage, identifying the type of water , and the drying treatment of underneath the carpet is crucial.
One Hour Response Time
Besides, the carpet is not your only problem. It’s the underlay, the wood or concrete floor that needs to be dried immediately. If it is not dried or replaced immediately you will end up with hygiene, mould and odour problems. Depending on type of water or flood damage, this will affect the decision to restore the carpet or not, as The Australian Standards does not allow restoration of sewage affected carpet.
Wally’s Carpet Cleaning procedures for wet carpets are as follows:
- Attend premises and inspect extent of damage.
- Extract water using state of the art professional machinery.
- Apply browning treatment to carpet to prevent water stains.
- Relocate equipment or furniture as required.
- Pull back carpet to inspect damage of underneath carpet.
- Install drying equipment such as air blowers of dehumidifiers until the area is dry.
- Re-attend premises daily to check drying process.
- Relay carpet and underlay when dry.
- Steam clean and deoderise carpet on completion of restoration.
Things you should do before Wally’s Carpet Cleaning’s Emergency team arrive
- Switch of all power points and remove electrical items from wet areas.
- Try to find and stop the water source. If you cannot-switch of the main. Water source may be from toilet overflow, burst pipe, tap left running, blocked drain, overflowing washing machine etc.
- Try to identify the extent of the water damaged area. You can do this by tracing the pathways of the water to find where the damage has spread.
- Move all items such as valuables, furniture, and electrical goods of wet areas.
- Allocate a room or area where the household/office items may need to be stored temporarily while the restoration is in progress.
The Don’t s
- Use your household vacuum to remove water (electrical shock will occur).
- Leave books, magazines or other coloured items on wet carpets of floors as they may stain the carpet.
- Use TVs or other household appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors.
- Leave wet fabrics in place; dry as soon as possible
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Make sure a professional, experienced, licensed service company has been called to eliminate the water.
- Turn of circuit breakers supplying electricity to wet area; unplug and remove any small electrical devices on the wet carpet.
- Remove Oriental/coloured rugs from wet wall-to-wall carpeting .
- Place foam, aluminium foil or wood blocks to separate heavy furniture legs from wet carpeting.
- Hang curtains and pin up furniture skirts to prevent watermarks, dye marks.
- Make plans for restoration crew to move large furniture to specified dry areas, if necessary.
Other Important Information
- Once the job has been completed to your total satisfaction we provide you with a detailed invoice and, if required, assistance with details about how to make a claim with your insurance company. In the majority of cases you will be covered by home and contents insurance for flood damage, and therefore often the repair costs will be covered by your insurance company.
- An average size room(bedroom) will normally take between 24-48 hours to dry completely using drying equipment.
- When a premises has been affected by sewage overflow we do not attempt carpet restoration. The carpet and underlay must be removed from the premises and disposed and the flooring treated and deodorised. Australian Standards does not allow restoration of sewage affected carpet.